Medical Economics has recently reported a list of challenges facing physicians right now. Carbon Health Systems can help physicians address some very important issues on this list including:
- Putting control back in the hands of physicians
We do two things very well to enable physicians and healthcare leaders.
We make existing processes more efficient and help clinicians see more patients with higher quality encounters - “success now”
We help organizations more successfully manage multiple, complex, and integrated projects - “simplify change”
We deliver redesigned processes allowing leaders to have an immediate impact on organizational capacity and patient care. We call this “success now” because we are able to identify process changes that a physician practice can make immediately impacting their ability to:
- Improve the quality of each patient visit
- Optimize the use of new or existing technology
- Better control the flow of information and continuity of care
Examples include ...
Patient throughput & staff optimization
- Patient (and physician) scheduling – while much has been written regarding ways to schedule patients, we are able to conduct an extensive analysis specific to your office utilizing simulation and discuss how certain changes will impact patient and staff flow; this allows you to make the most informed decision possible opposed to a trial-and-error approach
- Functional analysis – we can optimize flow and build capacity for specific aspects of your practice whether it includes phlebotomy, surgeries, registration or revenue cycle processes; we’ll help you find solutions for struggling areas within your practice
System operations design – as our healthcare system becomes more horizontally integrated (partnerships, ACO’s, HIE’s, etc) we can help you sift through the clutter to improve the exchange of information between organizations advancing patient care and reducing costs; this is an aspect of healthcare that is expanding quickly and our broad range of experience allows us to attack problems with a holistic view
Technology integration – the rapid growth in the use of technology has often times hampered our clinical staff more than helped them; we work with you to optimize the use of new or existing technology to improve utilization of your EHR, physician/patient portals, telemedicine, or broader system integration and strategies
The amount of change in healthcare today is unprecedented and often times overwhelming. Between constantly evolving government mandates, new technology, emerging evidence-based care, and tighter payer constraints, it’s no wonder our clinicians are challenged to stay ahead of the change.
We help organizations more successfully manage multiple, complex, and integrated projects. We deliver a standard and transparent approach to project management allowing leaders to more easily manage the change.
Examples include ...
Establish a structure that will better manage the overall progress of multiple projects and show you how to:
- Better manage, measure and deliver results for large integrated projects
- Develop the “Four Core” areas that are absolutely integral to successful project management; using these “Four Core” areas greatly increases project success rate and forms stronger partnerships
- Simplify reporting mechanisms
- Create an integrated process connecting organizational strategies, annual budgeting, and project management processes
Or you can outsource the entire program management process to us for a short period and we will implement the new methodologies and turn it back to you. We will not manage each project individually, but we will lead your team to compile, share and report the relevant information to ensure integration and more informed decision-making preparing your team for success.
Success will never be a big step in the future; success is a small step taken just now.
Our goal is to ensure that technology enables clinicians, not the other way around.
The greatest danger in times of turbulence is not the turbulence – it is to act with yesterday’s logic.
©2012-2017 Carbon Health Systems